Of course books make the best gifts for bibliophiles, but some of those oversize tomes don’t fit comfortably in a stocking. Here’s a list of alternative stocking stuffers:
Fine print: We are participants in the Amazon LLC affiliate program. Purchases you make through Amazon or Zazzle affiliate links may earn us a commission. Read more.
Elissa Learns Thankfulness
What's better than a snail that prays?
That curious snail Elissa is at it again... and she learns a valuable lesson about thankfulness and being happy about who you and what you are!
Inspired by the Christian ideal of being thankful for all that you have, Elissa Learns About Thankfulness is a beautifully written, fantastically illustrated book about our favorite characters Francine and Elissa learning a valuable lesson about being thankful for who and what we are. In this fourth edition in the Elissa the Curious Snail Series we meet some of Francine’s family and again see the familiar cast of characters in the yard. At first, Elissa isn’t happy that birds can fly and cats can run – she’s unhappy being a snail and wants those experiences for self. But being a snail is helpful because her small size and slithering nature let Elissa save the day by finding a lost ring. In the end, Elissa realizes she is thankful for who God made her and what she is.
Crafted for children ages 0-1000, this timeless story is sure to be an instant classic, at home in the hands of anyone looking for the perfect reminder of just how thankful we all should be. No faithful home should be without a copy.
Wearable Words and Redeemed Reader Accoutrements
- Official Redeemed Reader library bag (sturdy enough to carry a LOT of books)
- Official Redeemed Reader t-shirt!
- Literary t-shirt
- Literary scarves
- “Let’s eat kids”/Punctuation saves lives t-shirt
Cozy Reading Accessories
- Socks. Not just any socks. Or these, for Jane Austen fans.
- Chocolate for savoring slowly
- Hot chocolate mix
- Tea (Yorkshire Gold is my favorite)
- Candles for fans of Austen, Avonlea, Middle-Earth, or bookstores
- Reading women calendar. My husband has bought me one of these for the last twelve years sr so. A lovely variety of pictures, no repeats so far!
- Reading journal (small) (softcover) (another nice one)
- Commonplace book for writing down quotes (available in other plaids, or a small travel journal works nicely)
- Fountain pen
- Literary coloring books for listeners (Shakespeare) (Austen) (Narnia) (Alice in Wonderland) (Little House on the Prairie) Any other suggestions? (Beware of doing a search for fairy tale coloring books–some of the covers are best avoided)
Souvenirs from the World of Literature
- The One Ring for Tolkien fans. My son recommends this.
- “I still believe in 398.2” necklace (or t-shirt)
- Miniature bookstore because we love books in all sizes